Thursday, October 29, 2015

Stumbling Blocks - Badin and the Secret of the Saami

One or more characters from Badin and the Secret of the Saami
I am trying to untangle some knots in the script
I am about 75% finished with the thumbnail layouts for Act 2 of Badin and the Secret of the Saami. However, I began to truly understand that there are some serious problems in the story at this point. Everything weighs on the comprehension of the story at the end of Act 2. I cannot take this lightly. So all artwork has ceased while I attend to the emergency.

I am pulling out the threads and trying to re-sew a more proper garment for the end of Act 2. One of my editors pointed out various annoyances about this section awhile ago. I just didn't know how bad it was until I had to compose the rough artwork and layouts. This is a frustrating stumbling block indeed. I hope to have it ironed out within the next few days. 

The picture above is an abstract of a finished panel for one of the vignettes. The vignettes are more of a show-and-tell for me. However, they are appropriate for use in the story—or at least the Special Edition.

No comments: