Thursday, April 14, 2016

New promotion sketches for Badin and the Secret of the Saami

Star players in Badin and the Secret of the Saami

I have written before that Badin and the Secret of the Saami is the greatest endeavor I have taken upon myself in my entire life. 

Compounded with somewhat crippling financial and personal setbacks, this is the worst time to be working on a project for no pay. Nonetheless, I believe sacrifices must be made in order to work for a bigger cause than myself. Conversely, with great sacrifice and suffering comes strength of character and greater resilience.

If I can die knowing that someone who read the Graphic Novel or the Mini-Sagas gains a new or greater respect for Sweden, the immigrants and Africans like Badin who have contributed to its culture and the indigenous Saami people who live there, I will know that my sacrifice was worth it.

The image above are six digital sketches for all of the headline characters (I'm leaving the villain out for now):

Anna Olsdotter: Peasant girl
Badin: The star of the show
Gaaktu: Brave leader of a South Saami community
Gustav III: Crown Prince of Sweden
Queen Lovisa Ulrika: Matriarch of Sweden
Sofia Albertina: Young Princess of Sweden

If you have been following my progress since last year you will notice the addition of a new face: Anna Olsdotter. She is a very special character for the story and for my own personal (secret) reason. The final inked and colored versions of which will be used for a major marketing push that I plan to reveal on May 1, 2016. I am confident that this new push will help the graphic novel stand out amongst its peers by endearing new and current followers to the above characters.

Since I have no money to spend on advertising I will need to rely on my own efforts by any means necessary, readers, friends and family to spread the word. We have postcards, this blog, a Facebook fan page and a Twitter hastag #BadinSecret. However, that is not enough. Stick around until May 1st and see.

Hejdå!

No comments: