Saturday, June 27, 2015

Changes

Close up of Gustav Badin from a painting made by Pehr Hilleström 1779
Badin in a 1779 painting

During my training with Manga Studio 5EX, I have discovered that the Comic Sans font I want to use does not handle the Swedish alphabet well. That being said, I will anglicize many Swedish words and Sámi words, using extra consonants. Instead of Badin and the Secret of the Sámi, I am now using Badin and the Secret of the Saami. This will probably go for some of the locations which have the ö, ä and å letters. There may be a special Swedish font I can use, but for now it seems there is no solution—or if there is, it is too complicated for me to bother with at this point.

Speaking of changes, I'm having some serious misgivings for the opening of Act I in the story. It appears some minor script changes are in order.

I am very excited as a Mr. Jörgen Granqvist in Sweden sent me pictures of paintings in the Queen's Palace that include Badin. There is no way this could spoil the story. Check out this close up. He looks so regal. Enjoy!

No comments: