Saturday, July 16, 2016

Finished inking Act 3 for Badin and the Secret of the Saami

Inking done for Badin and the Secret of the Saami Acts 1,2 and 3!
Only 24 pages remain to be inked for Badin and the Secret of the Saami! This revolutionary historical fiction graphic novel project consists of four acts. That means 75% of the hardest part is done. I am happy.

I am also thrilled to announce that Badin's historical fiction diary entries are being hosted on the Black Archeological Research Society Facebook group. Special thanks to Omri Cooke for the help. As mentioned in the previous blog entry, Peter Ericson's South Saami History Blog is hosting Gaaktu's diary entries. If you own a blog or website and would like some fascinating and fun historical fiction content, check out the Badin and the Secret of the Saami character page, find your favorite character and let me know!

Another great gift of support came from the podcast interview by Dr. Tisa Muhammad. For one hour we discussed the historical Badin and the graphic novel. Please listen to it on-demand. It was great!

Badin and the Secret of the Saami is about hope, friendship and the reasons why respect for indigenous and immigrant people can benefit society. Although the graphic novel is not scheduled for release until May 1, 2017, you can access weekly diary entries from the six principal characters on the Badin and the Secret of the Saami character page.

There will be many things that the characters write about that allude to events that will occur in the graphic novel. So as you read, pay close attention. You will also enjoy the little artwork pieces I create for the entries. Get to know my characters. So far, my favorites are Badin and Gaaktu. But you'll love all of them!

Also, there are two Mini-Sagas on sale to get your appetite going. As soon as I finish the graphic novel coloring, I plan to finish up the third Mini-Saga and prepare for the final and fourth Mini-Saga. Meanwhile, I really need your help to promote the Badin and the Secret of the Saami website. Will you help me? Please? I am a man of poor financial resources and cannot afford advertising. So I need just a few moments of your time to email, tweet or share the Badin and the Secret of the Saami website.

Please stay up to date with my progress at these links:
https://www.facebook.com/badinsecret/
https://twitter.com/theblackrhino77
https://www.facebook.com/BlackRhinoIllustration

No comments: