Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Badin and the Secret of the Saami Progress 2015-09-09

Manga Studio Clip Studio Pain Swatches
Her Majesty, Queen Lovisa Ulrika
I spent much of my graphic novel time today creating color swatch sets for the characters' model sheets. I'm glad I kept shading out and colors flat so far. No need for gradations for basic colors.

This is another important step to help me keep to a deadline when illustrating Badin and the Secret of the Saami. It is too much for me to take time, trying to sample or remember a character's skin tone, hair color or clothing colors. Also, I want a consistent look throughout the book.

It should be no surprise that this character, the Queen of Sweden, and adopted mother of Badin, will need quite a few color palettes for her wardrobe.


No comments: