Saturday, September 12, 2015

Badin and the Secret of the Saami Progress 2015-09-12

Today I surprised myself
Today I put aside about 6 hours just to focus on coloring the model sheets. I can never get over the feeling of great joy when I finish each one. The characters are becoming so alive.

I had plenty of interruptions, making it almost impossible and rather frustrating. Again, I'm up past midnight. Among the anguish of family problems, this thing called hunger seems to be the biggest interruption. I wish I could put off eating for a few days.

A wise character
Nevertheless I made much progress. I also got feedback from my cousin Steven Anderson—a fiction novelist and full-time college English teacher based in Minnesota, USA. Moreover, he didn't send me an invoice. However, I feel I owe him. So if you and all your friends purchase Badin and the Secret of the Saami, I will be able to pay.
the script. He gave me valuable advice (thankfully, he does not think I need to do any major revisions). He is a talented writer.

The abstract above is from another model sheet I colored. It was done using Manga Studio 5EX and a scanned pencil sketch.

No comments: